Arrival and departure
When preparing your travel arrangements, keep in mind that September 18 to 23 are lecture days of the conference (Monday to Saturday). For most participants, the arrival and departure days are September 17 (Sunday) and September 24 (Sunday), respectively.
The official Serbian currency is Serbian Dinar (RSD), and it is the only legal tender. The exchange rate for Euro is roughly 1 EUR = 120 RSD (the exact rate slightly fluctuates on a daily basis). There are many exchange offices throughout the city, and they should all offer identical exchange rates.
It is possible to pay the conference fee directly to the organizers during registration, but only in cash. Note that with this type of payment we are not able to provide you with an official receipt.
The conference venue is in the very center of the city, in the pedestrian zone. There are many restaurants around, and participants are encouraged to try various traditional Serbian dishes. Most restaurants also offer some vegetarian dishes.
Reaching the conference venue
Lectures will be held in the building of the Mathematical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, in the center of the city:
Amphitheatre, 1st floor
Mathematical Institute, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
Kneza Mihaila 36
11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Participants staying at the hostel Studentski Grad and hotel Skala should take public transport to reach the city center:
- From the hostel Studentski Grad, take bus number 71 or 75 to the station "Zeleni Venac", which is the final station for those bus lines. From there, walk to the conference venue (the google map is provided below, for convenience).
- From the hotel Skala, take bus number 84, 704 or 706 to the "Zeleni Venac" station, which is the final station for those bus lines as well. From there, walk to the conference venue.
- Participants staying at the hotel Majestic and other nearby hotels do not need to use any public transport.
In case of any trouble, feel free to contact any of the LOC members over the phone:
- Branko Dragovich: +381 64 3270541
- Igor Salom: +381 63 7718964
- Ljubica Davidovic: +381 64 3832404
- Marko Vojinovic: +381 63 7241376
The entrance to the building of the conference venue is given in this photo, and the pyramid monument in front is very recognizable to anyone, so should be easy to find:
The conference venue and all recommended hotels are marked on the google map: